auto move scrollers

HI,

I just programmed a large series of pre-sets. When I first began writing the other day, it seemed like the automove feature was doing its thing and everything was working great. (All cues are currently set to GoinB). I was looking back through my cues after programming last night and I have lots of live moves!! Is there a box somewhere that I need to uncheck to enable the automove? How can I troubleshoot this?

Thanks,

Tonya

Parents
  • Something that bit me once while setting up lots of dark scroller moves is that the Go-In-B attribute moves use the recorded attribute timings for the B sequence step - the default is 100% of the crossfade time.
    The Go-In-B moves also do not start until after the A crossfade completes.

This means that if you hit GO multiple times as soon as each intensity fade finishes to quickly step through the show, the scroller moves may not have completed when the lights come up and it looks like they are moving live!

The quick way to check this is to open up the Live Attributes tab by hitting [ATTRIB]

As each move happens, you can see a progress bar run through the attribute spreadsheet cell showing the move status - once this bar completes, the B-step is ready to fade up.

Obviously you can change the recorded times in the Preset or Step FCB as required to ensure that the moves are fast enough when running the show - and slow enough to be quiet!

[edited by: Richard at 9:53 AM (GMT -6) on Sat, Apr 14 2007] [edited by: Richard at 9:52 AM (GMT -6) on Sat, Apr 14 2007]
  • I like the Live Attributes' yellow progress bar, but I have always wondered: why doesn't the graphical crossfade representation on the Main Playback display also track this? I delay FCBs often, and the graphic shows how the next sequence step is set up, but once the intensities have faded I don't see the FCB progress: the step advances while the attributes are catching up. I realize the graphic is currently bounded by step in and out times, but since delays affect how long processes assigned to each step take, it would be helpful to see that. 

Anne 
  • I like the Live Attributes' yellow progress bar, but I have always wondered: why doesn't the graphical crossfade representation on the Main Playback display also track this? I delay FCBs often, and the graphic shows how the next sequence step is set up, but once the intensities have faded I don't see the FCB progress: the step advances while the attributes are catching up. I realize the graphic is currently bounded by step in and out times, but since delays affect how long processes assigned to each step take, it would be helpful to see that. 

Anne 
Children
Related