Contact!

Greetings everyone! I.m new around here and I,m working on Congo for about 6 monts in national television! I have some questions about software v 4.2.1? The conzole reports some mistake regarding volume controle and asks to run check disk utility! The mistake is before showing the browser tab so I can not save on the USB like it said in manual! Sorry about my English but I hope that you understand me! Thank you!
Parents
  • This would be a Hard Disk error - this is usually caused by improperly shutting down the console.

I would advise you to back up all your important shows to USB immediately, as HDD errors can cause loss of data.

It is very important to use the Shutdown command from the Heartbeat screen, and not to simply 'turn off' or unplug the console.

This is because the console accesses the hard disk to update operating-system files (among other things) at random intervals, and also requires a short amount of time to 'clean up' after running to ensure a fast and error-free startup the next time.

If the console isn't allowed to do this, then corrupted files can result, especially if power is lost in the middle of updating something!

However, the Check Disk utility (CHKDSK) is provided with the console - this can repair the majority of errors without significant loss of data.
    If you can call us on +44 20 8896 1000 I can talk you through the procedure - it usually takes ten to twenty minutes.

In the event of serious hard disk errors, the drive can be wiped clean and/or replaced and the console software re-installed, but this is a drastic measure and will erase all your show files.

• Thank you! So this is a sirious problem! The person who were in our tv is from germany and that day when he instaled the version v4.2.1 software hade big problems with usb conector on the console! It took him about 2h to do that! Because off that I,m affraid to do anything with console at the present time!
Reply Children
  • If you are having trouble with your console, then please contact ETC Technical Support!

We would much prefer that you call us directly as then we can fix your problems - trying to diagnose and solve problems through a forum is a very slow process, and we want you to feel confident about your console.

We can be contacted on the following numbers:

For technical support in the Americas, please call 608/831-4116, or toll-free in the U.S. at 800/688-4116.
    For technical support in Europe, please call (+44) 20 8896 1000.
    For technical support in Germany, please call (+49) 8024 4700-0
    For technical support in Asia, please call (+852) 2799 1220.

• Hi! Don,t get me wrong,console works just fine,at the moment we are working only with convensional{fresnel} lights and everything is ok! That massage is sometimes not showned for a few days! Every command and button works! If something goes relly wrong I will tell some people to contact ETC! My job is only to work with console! It,s strange right? Well everything in this TV station is strange! Let,s just hope that nothing will go wrong! Is there posibility for some additional training for console? Thank you!
Related