MIDI Time Code OUT

Hi All,

Is it possible that Congo can send MIDI Time Code (there is MIDI OUT out socket in Congo) ?

Theatre who owns Congo asked the question. They have a PC with movies to play during the show. They want to press [GO] on Congo to change Preset in Sequence and start movie on PC (they have a checked system to do that).

If it is possible, please write how to enable it ;-)

Seems that Time Code should be send continuously in order to play movie (25fps).

Thanks for any ideas and have a nice day!

Adam

Parents
  • Hi Adam,

But how would that work??

MTC is a clock that just runs. The only way it could work is that a certain step in the sequence started the clock and then the sequence has to be prorammed with MTC to run with it. Make sense?

I think it would be easier to start each film with a Midi command.

What program do they want to control??

Cheers

Bullen 

[edited by: Bullen at 4:22 AM (GMT -6) on Thu, Nov 27 2008]
  • Hi Bullen,

Thanks to Anders and Your posts I think to solve it by MIDI Commands. I am in a point I don’t know two things:

1. Does the hardware configuration will do that MIDI Commands from Congo will be received on PC:
    Congo MIDI Out > M-Audio Uno* > USB > PC > Software?
    * maybe should be different interface?

2. For now I don’t know any Software that could read MIDI commands from Congo.

Yesterday there was a Guy with Video Player software on Mac, that allows to send/receive MIDI Time Code (M-Audio Midisport 2x2 was used). But today theatre gave me info it was only a test so finally there is a need to find software on PC (Video player + MIDI commands receiving).

Thanks for any ideas ;-)

Adam

• Hi Adam

If the theater has not decieded on what program to use. I would suggest www.arkaos.net which you can control via DMX, Midi or a PC Keyboard.

It's not that expensive and will do the job.

Bullen

Reply Children
Related