Channel Number Limitations

Hi again,

Just a quick question, where is the option that limits the number of desk channels ?

The reason for asking is that I normally would number, say, Mac 2000's as ch 2001, 2002, etc and the desk won't let me.

I remember Jeemy saying that there was a setting somewhere but I can't remember where and I can't find any reference to it in the manual...

Thanks for your help (again)

RIchard

Parents Reply Children
  • I think that what you are really after is the ability to rename the existing channels to higher numbers. This is possible without increasing the system channel count. For each channel number (regardless of the system channel count), you can enter a channel number alias between 1-4999.

There is a column called Name in the Channel List if you want to experiment with this.

• Hi Anders,

If I use the 'Name' function to rename my lamps to 2001, 2002, etc can I select them by typing in 2001, 2002, etc or do I still have to select them using their Channel 'number' ?

Thanks

Richard

• The channel name is what is actually displayed in the Live display (and others), so if you rename your channels, you would type the names and the only place the old channel numbers would be visible is in the patch views.

You will have to clear out names you intend to use before assigning them to new channels though. So in this case, find channels 2001... and clear out their names, then you can rename your Mac channels to those numbers. 

Thanks -

Sarah

• Be aware that, at least in v4.2.1, when your channels are re-named, once selected in a group, 'Next' and 'Last' will still refer to , and select via, the original channel numbers, not their new names.  I have not upgraded to v4.3.0 yet and don't know if this behavior is the same.

Anne

Related