RFR restarts after connecting to Congo

We have two RFR connected to network and one works fine.

The second one, reboot itself after the RFR connected to consoles (text inside the display). Sometimes the display goes black with the battery indicator lighting up. But nothing more happens.

Hardware or software problem? Is there any hard reset on RFR or is ther any place to download or clear the 2.0 software in the remote so I can try to upgrade the software again?

Best regards

Tommy

[edited by: MacTommy at 4:47 AM (GMT -6) on Mon, Feb 16 2009]
Parents Reply Children
  • My BS2 is turned off, not to interfear with other frequences. I restart BS2 and use channel2 instead, networkID 1 (same as BS1).

Which HF-state should I use on BS2? Master/Slave

Should I connect RFR1 to BS1, and RFR2 to BS2?

//Tommy

• For Right now, connect RFR1 to BS1 and RFR2 to BS2;

both sets should have different HF values; both should be MASTER and not SLAVE.

• We have now try diffrent things from last thread. As technician I start thinking in hardware problem instead of software problem. A restarting remote after a while feels like battery problem. We bought new battery and charge it in a 2h charger before we put them into RFR and it works perfect under couple of days. Every night we connect our RFR to USB-charging. After a while we got same problem, RFR start and reboot when we hold it in our hand. We put in non chargebale battery and it start nice and easy and we could turn on light on stage. Same setup, diffrent batterys.

We are now trying to charge our battery in our 2h charger to change it back tomorrow and see if it works again. If our remote works with new charge batterys we have electric problem inside our RFR.

The setup is like Coreys last thread...

[edited by: MacTommy at 9:10 AM (GMT -6) on Tue, Mar 3 2009]
  • Howdy Tommy,

this sounds like a hardware problem - please contact your ETC Dealer or ETC Tech Services for a repair.

If you don't know the telephone number to them, please tell me what country you are in?

Related