Congo will not record (some) master playbacks

I'm running v5.1 & have been having trouble recording some master playbacks into presets. The problem is intermittent & confirmed by two other users of my console. It first appeared prior to the upgrade to v5.1 while still running v5.0.

Most of my master playback content is groups & I generally use these for a basic build for presets. The general procedure is to raise the desired faders to the desired intensity & record. Sometimes the master playbacks record; sometimes some record while others do not; sometimes none record. The workaround has been to select the groups, set a level with the keypad or wheel & record, which explains why movers always record. Exclude master playbacks from recording in presets is not enabled in Settings.

ETC Tech Support suggested rebuilding the patch from scratch. That has been done & did not resolve the problem. They've examined a show file & could not re-create the problem. They suggested a next step might be to re-image the drive.

I would appreciate any other suggestions.

Regards,

Keith Ellison, Henry County Performing Arts Center, McDonough, GA

• Have you been able to send the show file and the dmp files to the congo address at etcconnect? I haven't seen it arriving yet.

As soon as I get it, I'll analyze the crash situation.

About the problem with getting the master content recorded, I am still puzzled. This is a very basic function and we have no other reports about problems in this area. I really wonder why it misbehaves for you. If you have any further hints, this is welcome.

• Two show files, two CongoDmp.zip files and two DebugInfo.txt files were sent via email just prior to midnight EDT, 5/6/09, to congo@etcconnect[dot]com. Hopefully, they will come through this time.

• I am having this exact "masters occasionally record"  problem at my church.  All of the conditions seem to be the same as those mentioned by the folks in Georgia.  Searching the forums found this thread but not the answer!  Did this ever get solved?

• dempey said:

I am having this exact "masters occasionally record"  problem at my church.  All of the conditions seem to be the same as those mentioned by the folks in Georgia.  Searching the forums found this thread but not the answer!  Did this ever get solved?

No, the problem continues. Aggravating, isn't it?

I am currently using a "loaner" Congo while mine is at ETC for investigation of this problem, repair of the Y (CMY) encoder wheel, which often will not change values, and repair/replacement of the outlandishly loud processor fan. Prior to shipping the console back to ETC,  everyone was baffled & no one was able to recreate the problem even with my data. I've not had a status report on the repair progress. Email me at kellison@henry.k12.ga.us & I'll let you know the outcome.

Keith

Related