Congo v6 preview at ABTT and Showtech shows in June

Hi all -

Interested to know what's coming in Congo v6? I've posted a blog entry on what you can expect to see at the upcoming ABTT and Showtech shows here. Note that you may need to scroll down to see this post in particular. :-)

Thanks -

Sarah

• Wow, Sarah, that looks amazing!  Can't wait for the release. 

• Hi Sarah

After I read the blog only 1 question cames to my mind....

When can I use the V6????????????

I know that it's on this summer but the summer it's to long and I'd love to try the V6 on the next play that I have to do. (I began to program a play on the begining of this week)

Pedro Alves

• Hi,

Just a quick one to say thanks for your time at ABTT on Weds. Was great to put some faces to names! Thanks in particular to Sarah for the time you spent teaching me about effects - I've been playing today and it now makes much more sense and it is far easier than I expected :)

Looking forward to V6 - looks like it'll have some great stuff in it

Thanks

• I'm going to start designing a show next week that has a huge turntable on the stage.  It sure would be convinient to have a circle tool in the channel layouts, it being "later" in the summer, and all.  Just saying!

• Hi Sarah,

sounds great to have 16 bit also for intensity.

There are a few things which I recognized in the last time:

-There is no way to recored Captured Intensitys, it is always the Intensity in the background from A field recored and not the Captured one.

It is not working since V 4.1!

-If I change the scroller roll calibration in the device list and Iám working with color palettes, then there is no reference for the changed scroller anymore.

I have to create the color palettes for that scroller again.

-Will you also fix the Movefade function?

Thanks and Iám very curious abot the V6,

nice greetings from vienna,

Roman 

• Hi Roman -

v6 supports RECORD & CAPTURE to record only captured levels. If you use RECORD by itself, it will record all the intensities not coming from exclusive indepentents/masters. If using devices, please note that the attributes will follow the Active/Changed setting when recording  - so if you want to use this feature to record in a "programmer" style, make sure your record attributes mode is set to "Changed" and that you have no other changed flags on attributes you don't want to record. (I just checked this in v6, so I know it's working this way. ;-))

If you record your scroller palettes by device type, you are correct in that individually calibrated channels will not be adjusted automatically in the palettes. I would recommend that scroller palettes be recorded by device instead. When recorded by device (by channel), then the scroller calibration adjustements will be recognized by the palettes automatically. I know this works in v6 (having just tried it here) - I am not sure if this is the case in v5.1 or earlier.

We have not changed MoveFade behavior in v6.

Thanks very much!

Sarah

• Wow!
    I' am looking foreward to try it out!

From Switzerland

Daniel

• Alright, the iRFR app is out,  Element has been released, EOS v1.7 has been released, can we assume the elusive v6 will be coming soon, or are you taking this "end of summer" thing to the last minute?  It's just been real quiet on this front lately.

Related