automatic unwanted sequence generation V6

Hi

I ran my first plot session using V6 yesterday and had a couple of problems.

Once the desk appologised and then dropped out of my session and returned to the startup screen. The file it generated started up sucessfully but if I'd have been in show awaiting a cue I'd have had a heart attack.

Several times the desk dropped several presets out of the master faders and replaced them with previously non existent sequences. The sequences it created became listed in the sequence list so I deleted them and cleared the masters affected. The file I used was an old "standard rig" file from V5 I use because it has handy groups and formatted screen layouts. Do I need to recreate a "standard rig" file using V6?

• Hi Chris,

Sorry to hear about your problems.

When the console dropped out, did you get a crash error dialog with the option to store and send log files to ETC? If so, I am interested in getting these log files for analysis.

Regarding the mysterious sequences on masters: Could it be that you were recording presets to masters when this happened?

Please note that there is a new feature in v6 when recording to masters. In the recording dialog, you'll have the chance of not just recording a preset but also to create sequences and insert the preset into the new sequence in one go. Could it be that you have selected the sequence tab of the dialog by mistake instead of the preset tab? This would create a new sequence and insert the preset into it.

There should be no reason to recreate a standard rig for v6. It'll use show files from v5.

• To expand on Anders' post:

The "Record to Master" popup that you get in v6 from [Record] & [Master_Key] now has three tabs - Preset, Return-To-Preset and Sequence.
    You can use the right and left arrow keys or [Tab] to switch between them.

When you record a Preset onto a Master that already has a Preset on it, Congo v6 assumes that you want to add that Preset onto a new Sequence on that Master and pre-selects the Sequence tab.
    This makes it faster to create Preset-based chases.

If the Master is currently empty, then it assumes that you only want to record a new Preset and preselects that tab.

[edited by: Richard at 4:28 AM (GMT -6) on Tue, Sep 8 2009]
  • Hi

Thanks for the reply.

The desk dropped out again during show last night. Luckily the scene that was up remained and was the last scene before a blackout and a clear stage so I could restart using the backup file and the blackout on restart wasn't a problem. Unfortunately I didn't have the time to generate a report to send to you. Hopefully (if it happens again) it will be in a non show environment and I'l have a chance to let you folk know what went pear shaped.

I'm so used to recording presets to masters that I don't even look at the dialogue box when doing so. Thanks for the solution.

Is there a way to have the dialogue box default to preset? Having to select the preset tab everytime I record a preset to a master is time consuming.

Is there a list of changes in V6 that affect basic operation of the console?

I tend to put my independents in the bottom dock of the main playback screen. Is there any way to lable these independents?

I programmed a couple of channels into an independent last night that were being used by another independent and they wouldn't take. Is this usual?

Cheers

Chris

• Hi Chris,

When the desk drops out, do you get an error dialog or a chance to report the error to ETC?

Do you have any more information about the first crash that you had a while ago (we haven't received any details from you about it yet)?

There is a command in the Browser (under Files) that allows you to grab and send the log files at any time. If I get these files, I am likely to understand what caused the crash.

About the master recording dialog: It isn't possible to force it to always present a specific tab. It is designed to give you the most likely option, depending on the current content of the master. If there is already a preset, it will assume that you want to record a sequence.

If you clear the old content of the master before you record a new preset to it, it should default to the preset tab.

List of changed basic operations: Sorry. Not at this time.

Label independents: Not possible right now.

Overlapping independents: Channels in Inhibit or Exclusive mode can only be controlled by one independent (or master) at a time. If a channel is included in several independents, it will be controlled by the highest one.

Related