Preset Time Recording/Editing

I may be missing the obvious, but is there a faster way of setting the in/out times of a preset? I'm used to the 500 series way of entering cue 3 time 2 record etc. On the congo it seems very long winded to press record then either grab the mouse or step all the way down to the in/out fields to enter the time.

Richard

• Hi yes a very easy way all depends if you have set time in A or B in the setting I have it in B so I can then run the cue as I have set it. just press ? In ? Out. This sets times to preset ready to run in B, Or if you have time and know the cue times. Record all the cues in a default time say 3 or the time you use the most then go into preset list and change them there.

Hope this helps

Carlos

• As you build your sequence, or even after building the sequence, you can enter times directly for the step either in A or in B directly (look for the little triangle pointing at the times in the A or B bar - that's how you can tell where the time commands will go). To change from the default of setting times to B, the next step, you can either press SETUP & TIME or you can press TIME & A or TIME & B (v4.3.0) to toggle this setting. Then you can simply type 2 TIME to set a crossfade time of 2 seconds to that step. Or you can type 3 IN 4 OUT to set a split time. Make sense?

Additionally, if all your cues should have a 2 second time, just set the default Go time to 2 (SETUP & GO) and then all steps with no other timing info will follow that time. 

If you want to set times to a step not currently in the A or B fields, use # MODIFY & TIME (v4.3.0) to get a dialog that focuses on all the possible timing values associated with that preset.

I hope this helps -

Thanks-

Sarah 

• Ah, like I said, missing the obvious, or rather I should not be depending on the printed manual next to the desk, that's a few versions old.

Thanks all!

Richard 

• No need to print it out if you have 2-3 screen I usually open help screen, (press ?) which has a up to date manual on the desk. Lock this by hoding setup and press tab. Click lock tab.

Then on the help screen press the text button and type "Times" or "Go in A/B" in on the key pad, all the relevant links come up like a search engine. If you find the one you need you can store this page into a favourites list for quick access again.

Hope this helps.

Carlos

[edited by: cknapper at 6:42 AM (GMT -6) on Sun, Jul 08 2007] [edited by: cknapper at 6:36 AM (GMT -6) on Sun, Jul 08 2007]
Related