Congo and Arkaos

Hi everyone

I know that at this time it's a silly question to do but can anyone explain me how to connect a PC with Arkaos 3.6.1 to a Congo console?? I've got the midi cables and a Motu UltraLite to connect to PC with a  PCMCIA card but I prefered, if it's possible, connect through ethernet. On the same PC I've got already a network with Congo and WYSIWYG that work's fine but with Arkaos I can do nothing.

Pedro Alves

Parents Reply Children
  • Yes I do. With the address 10.255.255.255

• With the ETC version, you don't need artnet, and you might run in to trouble if you start configuring  your network the "artnet" way.

1: Check that you have a proper network link. Check LEDs on the back of your Congo, and on the network card on your computer. Or any switches in between if you have any. Unless your computer is very old, I don't think you need any special cable for a direct connection between Congo and PC.

2: The Congo needs to boot up with the network plugged, otherwise it doesn't know about it, and things will not work.

3: Check the network settings on the Arkaos computer. The IP address should be anywhere between 10.101.1.102 and 10.101.1.253.

4. You should now be able to control Arkaos.

5. If you need previews, proper layer names, effect names, and so on: Connect to the Arkaos node under Network in the browser.

Related