Congo V6.02 random value changes during preset playback

Hi guys,

I have been experiencing a problem with my Congo for some time now wherein I will have a preset loaded and sitting static and randomly the console will change values on all my different fixtures attributes.

The value changes will be the same for all fixtures of a certain type (ex. Revolutions gobo attribute will change to the same value, Rot speed will all change to same value ect...) This random jump in values does not appear to affect intensity, only attribute values.

Like I said, I have been having this problem at random for quite a long time (before ver 5.0).  It seems to be totally random, it is not preset specific.  I cannot find any way to trigger this.  Every time it has occurred, my rig has been sitting in a static preset.

I am using Net2 to distribute my control, initially I thought that I was maybe getting some kind of random data spike, but then I noticed that the value changes are actually represented on the console, not just the fixtures, so the console is definitely outputting this incorrect data.

Parents Reply Children
  • You are using a big Congo, correct?

Are your Revolutions up on a master playback?

Do you have a preset with parameter data for those same fixtures on the master directly to the left of the active master? (Master 1 active, master 2 has another preset for those lights but the fader is not up, for example)

Thanks -

Sarah

• Yes a full size congo

Correct, the Revolutions and other automated fixtures are up on a master playback

There are also presets with data for those same fixtures to the left of the active master.

• My suggestion is to lay out your masters slightly differently so that you don't have this particular situation. There is a rare situation where we get a little crosstalk when the masters are set up in this way. If the active master is the one on the right, rather than the one on the left, it doesn't happen. If you can rearrange your masters so that you don't end up sitting for long periods in this state (active master on the left, attribute content for the same channels in the next master to the right), the problem won't present itself.

We are working on a fix for this, but I don't know exactly when it will be available. It will require a firmware update to your facepanel, which can be done one the new firmware is available, without having to return the console for repair.

I hope this helps -

Thanks much -

Sarah

Related