Fader wings

Can some tell me if a Universal Fader Wing will work with a Congo?  I want to access some of the functions of the console remotely and am wondering if a fader wing will work?

Mark Stevens

Parents Reply Children
  • hi Mark, what dimmer rack do you have? if its a Sensor + then you can have a small SMartlink power supply installed in the rack and then you can put a button station anywhere in the theater with a simpple two wire cable and then recalls presets from this SMartlink button station.
  • What kind of installation is this and when you say you want a non-lighting person to get light on stage, do you mean when there are no other lighting people around and the console would generally be off anyway? I would suggest you could use a SmartFade console in DMX Backup mode to turn on pre-recorded looks - the SmartFade 1248 can be mounted in a 19" Equipment rack backstage and is easy to use for this purpose if stage lights need to be brought up.

Alternately, depending on the other equipment in your system, a SmartLink panel could be used to trigger looks stored in a Sensor+ dimmer rack, or a more suitable Unison Paradigm system could be used for houselight control. Basically, there are a lot of options. :-)

Where are you located? I think you might be helped by chatting with either your ETC dealer or one of our Field Project Coordinators who can help you find a solution for your venue in a cost-effective way.

Thanks much-

Sarah

• No luck there.  This is an older theatre (25 years) with a variety of EC, Strand and ETC Smartpacks spread around the space.

Mark

• well Smartpack can also use SMartlink Stations withthe power supply hardware upgrade . i think it would better if you chatted with one of our reps and they explain all your possibilities. can you send us your contsct info?
  • I'm in BC Canada and generally deal with the good folks at Christie Lites in Vancouver.  I'll look into the Smartfade idea.  Thanks.

Mark

Related