strobe cannon bumps

Hi-

I'm having problems with getting the Congo to talk to Par 64 Strobe Cannons the way I want it to.  The fixture has a feature that if you leave the intensity at zero, you can bump the rate channel to a certain level and it will give you a particular effect.  However, with the Congo not doing zero counts and instead doing 0.1 counts, it does not recognize it as a bump and will not trigger.  In the same way, a cue will not fire a single flash consistently because the board does not bump the intensity to full fast enough.  When selecting the levels it works fine, just not when running cues.  Is there any way to work around this?  Or any way that we'll get a real zero count anytime soon?

Thanks.

Mark

Parents
  • Hi not really sure what you need to do, The only way I can think of is to make yourself a new Dimmer Curve in patching. Set 0%-1% to 0% and this will give you 0 int on this and also set your 100% to a nearer level to trigger this quicker. Find the effects you like and do a few strps at these ints. so instead of the fixture going to 100% it will only reach say 50% a lot faster

Hope this helps if not someone else will come up with another answer.

Carlos

[edited by: cknapper at 12:47 PM (GMT -6) on Sat, Aug 25 2007]
  • Hi not really sure what you need to do, The only way I can think of is to make yourself a new Dimmer Curve in patching. Set 0%-1% to 0% and this will give you 0 int on this and also set your 100% to a nearer level to trigger this quicker. Find the effects you like and do a few strps at these ints. so instead of the fixture going to 100% it will only reach say 50% a lot faster

Hope this helps if not someone else will come up with another answer.

Carlos

[edited by: cknapper at 12:47 PM (GMT -6) on Sat, Aug 25 2007]
Children
  • You can set a Channel Time of Zero for the strobes as required:

1. In the Moving Light display, choose Times - this gives you a Channel Time softkey.
    2. Select the strobe channel(s)
    3. Type 0, then hit the Channel Time softkey

The Default Crossfade time can also be set to zero, if that's easier for your show - remember that changing the Default changes every crossfade that has no manual value.

However, you probably only want to change the time for the Rate attribute:

1. Open the Attributes Editor - [Attrib] (for the Live Attributes) or # [Preset] & [Attrib] (to edit existing ones)
    2. Hold Format and press the down arrow to display the time editor boxes.
    3. Make any changes, hit Record (for a new preset) or Update (to update an existing one)

[edited by: Richard at 2:48 PM (GMT -6) on Sat, Aug 25 2007]
  • I recomend changing the default time to zero.  We've been running that way since day one as it's the only way to get a true bump.  It doesn't add much programming time to type the few times that you wouldn't have changed from the default anyway.
  • Depending on how much you bump in a show, I just use the Seq+ button.  (I always set the time on the fade to 0.1, just in case the board op forgets to do this, however).  This gives a quick bump without losing your default time, if you happen to use the same time a lot in a show.

J. R.

Related