keystroke reading errors

Hi

I regularly get keystroke reading errors and have to repeat the exact same keystroke sequence up to three times to get my Congo Snr to do the right thing.

I've recently updated to V 6.04 and hoped this would solve the problem. It hasn't.

There are a variety of outcomes.

With channels selected (highlighted in gold) I enter a two digit number followed by the @ key and not only do the selected channels go to that level but the channel that corresponds to the level I've entered comes up at 1%.

No level changes occur and the channel that corresponds to the leve I've entered comes up at 1%.

Also;

I'll enter a number (up to three digits) and then press the Goto key. Instead of going to that preset, it brings up the Goto screen.

There are other keystroke recognition errors I've not listed here for brevity's sake but I'd like to know how to solve this problem as it's annoying, particularly during long plot sessions.

Cheers

Chris

Parents
  • Hi Chris -

Please try turning ON the following setting: SETUP>Channels tab>Slow Level-Wheel Response. We have found in some cases that the level wheel twitches when you type. Because typing a number and moving the wheel is actually a command, you see the last typed number go to 1% as the wheel twitches. The fact that you're seeing the level be set to the original channel selection as well is interesting, however I think that this setting will help a lot with the typing troubles you're seeing.

It's also possible that the facepanel keys may need cleaning, or there may be another hardware problem affecting the keys being read. Start with the level wheel setting, though, and if that doesn't clear most/all of it up, please call tech support so that we can work on a different solution.

Out of curiosity, are the other errors you see related to two-key shortcuts like MODIFY & PLAYBACK or other shortcuts using the MODIFY key? These shortcuts can be affected by which tab you have in focus - if the MODIFY key is used by that tab as an actual command, it gets consumed by the tab before the second key is pressed. I always try to hit PLAYBACK before using one of these shortcuts because the Playback tab doesn't interfere with these commands at all. I hope this helps...

Thanks much -

Sarah

• Hi Chris -

Please try turning ON the following setting: SETUP>Channels tab>Slow Level-Wheel Response. We have found in some cases that the level wheel twitches when you type. Because typing a number and moving the wheel is actually a command, you see the last typed number go to 1% as the wheel twitches. The fact that you're seeing the level be set to the original channel selection as well is interesting, however I think that this setting will help a lot with the typing troubles you're seeing.

It's also possible that the facepanel keys may need cleaning, or there may be another hardware problem affecting the keys being read. Start with the level wheel setting, though, and if that doesn't clear most/all of it up, please call tech support so that we can work on a different solution.

Out of curiosity, are the other errors you see related to two-key shortcuts like MODIFY & PLAYBACK or other shortcuts using the MODIFY key? These shortcuts can be affected by which tab you have in focus - if the MODIFY key is used by that tab as an actual command, it gets consumed by the tab before the second key is pressed. I always try to hit PLAYBACK before using one of these shortcuts because the Playback tab doesn't interfere with these commands at all. I hope this helps...

Thanks much -

Sarah

Children
Related