keystroke reading errors

Hi

I regularly get keystroke reading errors and have to repeat the exact same keystroke sequence up to three times to get my Congo Snr to do the right thing.

I've recently updated to V 6.04 and hoped this would solve the problem. It hasn't.

There are a variety of outcomes.

With channels selected (highlighted in gold) I enter a two digit number followed by the @ key and not only do the selected channels go to that level but the channel that corresponds to the level I've entered comes up at 1%.

No level changes occur and the channel that corresponds to the leve I've entered comes up at 1%.

Also;

I'll enter a number (up to three digits) and then press the Goto key. Instead of going to that preset, it brings up the Goto screen.

There are other keystroke recognition errors I've not listed here for brevity's sake but I'd like to know how to solve this problem as it's annoying, particularly during long plot sessions.

Cheers

Chris

Parents
  • I'm guessing you're in 'normal' syntax (as opposed to At Mode)?

It sounds like you may be accidentally clipping another key on the way to (or off) the target one.

The last two things you describe sound like they may be:
    - Step Level = 1%, clipped [Ch] on the way to [@Level]
    - Clipped another key (or the wheel) on the way over to [Goto]

Something that might help to narrow it down is to open the Designers Dock (new in v6).

One of the sections in that Dock is the 'last command' the console got, so if you note down what's there when an unexpected thing happens that should help locate the exact cause.

[edited by: Richard at 1:46 AM (GMT -6) on Fri, Aug 27 2010]
  • Hi

Yes I run normal syntax mode.

I've pretty good data entry skills but I'll check the Last Command section in the Designers Dock and let you know how I go.

I don't get these problems programming any other console, something I've been doing for over ten years.

Cheers

Chris

Reply Children
No Data
Related