Strand Files

Is there any way I can convert Strand files to .asc format so that my Congo desk can read them?

I am getting bored of re-plotting every time a show arrives with a Strand disk!

Parents
  • Riggwalker:

Is there any way I can convert Strand files to .asc format so that my Congo desk can read them?

I am getting bored of re-plotting every time a show arrives with a Strand disk!

Hi Riggwalker,

You need to export the Strand showfile to asc format. It is probably  best to contact Tech Support, to find out the best way for you to convert the file. The import works great on shows containing only conventional lights. It imports part cues as channel times. It does work very well.

Florian 

• Thanks Florian,

How are things up there in Leicester? I visited you last year to look at your Congo when I was looking for one for the Grove Theatre here in Dunstable.

Is the only way to export the file on a strand desk itself?

Matt (Riggwalker)

• Hi Matt,

I am from ETC Germany and have never been in my life to Leicester:-D

In the moment I am in Moscow organizing Congo seminar and it is raining here...

I am not sure but I think you can only create ASCII files from Strand consoles using that program

Cheers

Florian

• Hey everybody,

I used Showimport by Strand.It works with the Preset, but you must check the times, there are some problems, but no big problems.

One think is important.Don`t chose ,,import from USB".Only open, Archiv from USB.If you ,,import" the files by ,,importing", you kann not see the channels in the Tracking List.For example..5 CH/ID Track, it opens the Track List, but you will not see any Channels.But if you import your files with open, Archiv, USB,   it will works.By this way, you will see your Channels in the Tracking List.

This Programm is very comfortable, I used it too, for import show files from Strand GSX to Congo.You must only corect the times, but that`s very easy and fast with the Congo.

Also you can create ASII format into ssf.Congo to Strand.The Programm is very simple.

I wish you much fun with the Programm

Thorsten

[edited by: Scholle at 6:49 AM (GMT -6) on Sat, Sep 01 2007] [edited by: Scholle at 6:46 AM (GMT -6) on Sat, Sep 01 2007]
  • Sorry wrong Florian, I was thinking of the one ealrlier in the string.

That link seems to work but only on my old lap top running windows 95! my PC running windows XP doesn't seem to like it

Thanks again

Matt

• Riggwalker:

Thanks Florian,

How are things up there in Leicester? I visited you last year to look at your Congo when I was looking for one for the Grove Theatre here in Dunstable.

Is the only way to export the file on a strand desk itself?

Matt (Riggwalker)

Hi Matt,

How are things Dunstable, I'll assume you bought one then. Things up here are good.

Florian @ Leicester 

claire:
    it reads presets and used to only read up times, but now with software getting better its reading more things from files. some plotting will need to be done still depending on the size of the show, but we find it a big help!

I found it always useful to have a print out of the original Strand show file to hand.
    Part cues will also be converted into Channel times. It will work fine for shows using conventional light. Due to  the  differences  in the way  moving lights are programmed , one will run in all sorts of problems. FCB Pallets all end up in the (all) Pallets on the Congo. The same is true when you work with Scrollers.

Florian

[edited by: FloBaeumler at 2:35 PM (GMT -6) on Sat, Sep 01 2007]
  • Florian,

Things are going well here, do come down and visit, yes I did get a Congo!

The ABTT are organising a visit on the 10th of October, otherwise please contact me

Matt

Reply Children
No Data
Related