Help with 'downgrading' software/uninstall problem 6.04

Hi Folks,

I am currently trying to 'downgrade' our Congo software from version 6.0.4.9.0.82 to our previous version 6.0.3.9.0.73...... but the desk is not letting me install the previous software and keeps coming up with the message - you must uninstall 6.0.4.9.0.82 before you can re-install the older version.................any ideas on how I can do this without it all going a bit wrong?!

Many thanks for any help provided!

Matts

Parents Reply
  • Thanks for the help on the phone Richard - I'm going to try and 'reset' the desk tomorrow. During the gig last night I had a problem with my intensity faders (for fixtures) after I had used the freeze function...... I moved the switch to freeze - recorded a group then switched back to normal mode - and then my faders set for the fixture intensity wouldn't work - neither would the fixtures when I selected them directly. After a restart things went back to normal again.

I also found out that even though I had saved the show during programming several times, any thing to do with effects hadn't been saved. The effects handles were still there - but didn't relate to anything - groups, presets or chases........I must be doing something wrong but not sure what!

Thanks for the help. 

Children
  • I'm not sure what you mean in the first paragraph.
    Coming out of "Freeze" puts the frozen output onto the Main Playback 'A' field so you don't get a sudden jump on stage - could that have been it?
    - If you can email or attach the showfile we can take a look.

Also, you don't need to go into Freeze just to record a Group! You can use any Blind tab, or the Groups List, or if you don't need specific levels in the Group, just select them in Live and hit [Record] & [Group].

As to the Effects - you've misunderstood what they are.

Effect Playbacks are just like moving lights - you need to Record their attributes somewhere if you want to get the same thing again. This uses exactly the same rules as Recording attributes of moving lights.

Just like a moving light, they will be back in the Home postion when you load the show, and you then replay something you previously recorded to put them into the position(s) you want.

If you're busking, [Record] & [Master_key] is a pretty useful shurtcut. It records the currently-selected Channels and Effect Playbacks straight onto that Master.

There's some Effect tutorials on this forum here.

• Thanks, better get the manual out and have a read!

Related