file server as a laptop

I recently purchased a laptop for the Congo Offline and Net3 Nodes. Is it possible to use the laptop as a file server, in the sense that I can set up Congo to automatically save to the laptop everytime I save the show on the Congo?

MZ

[edited by: mzinman at 6:25 PM (GMT -6) on Thu, Dec 07 2006]
Parents
  • Hi,

As Bullen already said, put the path of the folder into the Fileserver path in System settings.
    You can use a normal network folder path with the name of the computer & folder. For example: \\computername\sharedfolder
    Or, if the computer has a fixed IP, use that in the path. Like: \\10.101.1.101\sharedfolder

Both options should work fine. But I belive the IP method is better because no name>IP conversion is needed. But I'm no expert. :o)
    Fileserver is great. Easy way to save a copy of the show to an external computer.

Oskar

• Hi,

As Bullen already said, put the path of the folder into the Fileserver path in System settings.
    You can use a normal network folder path with the name of the computer & folder. For example: \\computername\sharedfolder
    Or, if the computer has a fixed IP, use that in the path. Like: \\10.101.1.101\sharedfolder

Both options should work fine. But I belive the IP method is better because no name>IP conversion is needed. But I'm no expert. :o)
    Fileserver is great. Easy way to save a copy of the show to an external computer.

Oskar

Children
No Data
Related