Will there ever be a wireless Congo cllient option?

I only see a hardwired client set-up on the congo.  Will there ever be a wireless client available on the congo?

-Ethan

Parents
  • Hi Ethan,

It is possible to run client wirelessly by connecting a wireless access point or router to your network and making sure that the computer with the client dongle is configured to be in the same IP scheme as the console. Wireless ethernet connections are however inherently unstable and as such, we do not recommend that you use a wireless client for show critical applications.

This setup is very similar to the iRFR setup (Documented Here) except instead of using an iPod/iPad/iPhone, you are using a computer. I would recommend a read of the iRFR wiki to familiarize yourself with the necessary settings.

The other "gotcha" is that both the console and client computer must be running the same version of software. 

I hope this helps,

• Hi Ethan,

It is possible to run client wirelessly by connecting a wireless access point or router to your network and making sure that the computer with the client dongle is configured to be in the same IP scheme as the console. Wireless ethernet connections are however inherently unstable and as such, we do not recommend that you use a wireless client for show critical applications.

This setup is very similar to the iRFR setup (Documented Here) except instead of using an iPod/iPad/iPhone, you are using a computer. I would recommend a read of the iRFR wiki to familiarize yourself with the necessary settings.

The other "gotcha" is that both the console and client computer must be running the same version of software. 

I hope this helps,

Children
No Data
Related