Random effect for generic lighting

Hi,

I would like to create a random effect but I am not sure the best way to do this. I just want about 4 steps with approx 8 channels in each step, and record it to a master so I can play it back during the main play when needed. I have read the book and it sounds like a random Dynamic effect would be the best way, but it is not clear on how to set it up (seems to be more about moving lights). I do not have a lot of experiance with this desk and do not have any time just play around with it. I have used the expression a lot more and found it very easy to do this type of effect.

Regards

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi

Try Dyn 13 as well works this works well I know its not a random chase but it works. Remember the way you put in channels into the desk is the way your chase will run. Then change the off set it see which ones works for you.

Carl

[edited by: cknapper at 7:06 AM (GMT -6) on Wed, Oct 03 2007]
  • All good advice! I would add that the order of your channel selection also matters and can change how your effect looks on stage.

Try the SELECT softkey page and the following options:

• SELECT 2nd will split your selection into halves (a quick way to select odds/evens)
    • SELECT 3rd will split your selection into thirds
    • SELECT Nth will split your selection by your own choice - so the syntax for this one is [#] [SELECT Nth] to split into 4ths, 5ths, and so on.
    • RANDOM can be used with any of the above choices, so [RANDOM] & [SELECT 2nd] will split your current selection into two randomized halfs, etc.
    • Use the [LAST] and [NEXT] keys to select the next grouping within that selection, use [SEL ALL] to return to the original selection.

My favorite is to use [1] [RANDOM] & [SELECT Nth] to create a randomized selection order of my current selection. Apply that Random Dynamic Effect to that selection and the output will look different than if you had selected in order and done offsets.

You can also use these selection keys within the Chase Wizard. While not quite the same as the Expression/Obsession chaser effects, this is the closest you will come in the current version of Congo software. This wizard automatically builds you a set of presets and a sequence for a simple intensity chase. 

I hope this helps -

Thanks!

Sarah 

Related