trouble while upgrading congo 4.3.1 to 6.0.4

(congo JR)

Hello everybody, i've faced a trouble while upgrading congo software/firmware.

At first i tell what i've done.

-i've download new software upgrade 6.0.4. 

-read what i have to do (Step 1: Download the Congo604.zip file. Step 2: Unzip the software, rename the Congo604.exe file to "Congo.exe" and place the renamed file on your USB flash drive in a folder named SOFTWARE..... etc. =) )

-then i've done everything is written in Installation Instructions (created "software" folder at root of flash-drive, put there congo604.exe, renamed it to congo.exe, inserted it in console, start "software update", installed application, clicked "finish" and the console restarted itself)

after that i was supposed to see congo with new software but there were nothing. 

only "congo" logo is on the desk. nothing happens! console show nothing expect logo!

later i found another file which called "Congo_Facepanel_Firmware.zip" where were written how to upgrade firmware (Congo Face Panel Firmware Upgrade Instructions_052010.pdf)

i've found how to get Windows explorer screen. but i wanted to know - am i doing right if i trying to upgrade facepanel? is it worth to upgrade facepanel or it doesnt help me? do i need an internet connection to upgrade facepanel or "Congo_UI_1_3_01_09_0_01 RC.SRC" file is enough?

sorry for grammer - i'm from russia and english is not my native language, and i use it rarely =(

p.s. my fail - i've got congo JR.

[edited by: burton-fzz at 12:42 PM (GMT -6) on Tue, May 3 2011]
Parents Reply Children
  • everything is fine.

flashing to an older version (5.1) has solved all the problems for me. later i'll try to update it to 6.0.4 (previously my attempts to update were interrupted  with alert of problem with "service location protocol")

when i was flashing console this time - congo didnt show me any alerts, and booted up normaly!

thank to everybody for help and information.

p.s. i will flash congo to v6 again cause v5 doesn't solve the problem of display goes out and there no way to turn it on. may be i do smth worng or may be congo v5 in my case does it (in settings of console there no way to change numbers in windows, and tapping to "enter" key leaps to display goes out and 0% of backlight cant be changed)

[edited by: burton-fzz at 9:26 AM (GMT -6) on Wed, May 4 2011]
  • You should visit our Russian Service Partner and he can update your console's hardware.

Related