Running Congo Offline under Win 7 Ultimate. No gateway..

hi all. i got a problem with congo offline.i run win 7 ultimate.

before the format i had  Win XP and i had to change my lan connection properties so it looks like this:

101.10.84.101 (computer ip)

255.255.0.0 (subnet mask)

101.10.84.101 (thats the gateway.same with computer ip)

then the V6 congo offline working perfect.

but............  when i switch to Win 7 Ultimate, i cant use the same values for computer ip and gateway.

when i write that values, and re-enter the properties there is NO gateway at all.......

as a result i got no communication between my laptop and the dimmers....

i dont want to run congo via VirtualBox or a familiar program.

any1 got this problem before? or the only thing i can do is format the laptop and install XP again?

thanks

Parents Reply Children
  • There is no way in Windows to fully disable the firewall.  Disabling the firewall does not open up the UDP ports. Check the custom settings and make sure UDP is enabled to the congo app.

[edited by: sk8rs_dad at 12:49 PM (GMT -6) on Wed, Jun 8 2011] typo
  • i never had UDP problems when i disable firewall service. i never had torrent problems either.

but even its disabled i turn it on from services.msc and tcp/ip UDP  bla bla bla for congo.exe was good.

still no communication..... (you run congo offline from win7??)

dont understand what is wrong...  after 3 days of installing programs and drivers and doing all that things to setup my comp with shared folders,themes and this and that, i found out that congo dont run at vista-7...

[edited by: varsamis_k at 1:40 PM (GMT -6) on Wed, Jun 8 2011]
  • No experience with Congo. Plenty of experience with Windows IP stack, socket programming, etc.

• What kind of equipment are you trying to control with Congo Offline? What data protocol are you using for this (sACN, Net2 etc)?

• SmartPack Dimmers via NET2. under WinXP SP3 everything is working fine. not the same with Win7

• Have you selected which network connection that NET2 should send data on? I think there is a tool called NICPicker.

• varsamis_k said:

SmartPack Dimmers via NET2. under WinXP SP3 everything is working fine. not the same with Win7

This is not supported, and will not work properly under any circumstances.

Congo Offline is, as the name "Offline" implies, an Offline Editor.

It is intended for Offline pre-programming usage, for example connecting to a visualiser such as Wysiwyg, Capture Polar, ESP Vision etc to pre-porogram a show, as a training tool to help learn the console etc.

This same application can also be used in combination with a Congo Client Dongle (looks like a purple USB stick) to connect 'live' across a network to a Congo, Congo jr, Congo Kid or Congo LightServer Console for remote programming/control as a "Client" to the main console.

We have tested output to visualisers and Client connections to 'full' Congo consoles under Windows 7, and this works correctly, though sometimes needs some adjustment of firewalls.

However, direct control of 'real' lighting fixtures using the Offline Editor is not supported and cannot be expected to work.

[edited by: Richard at 3:02 AM (GMT -6) on Thu, Jun 9 2011]
  • you mean from congo settings prefered network?

-Enable offline output in Offline mode

on

-Protocols 

ETCNet2  Priority 10  server-backup same priority

-Universe Map

Logical network 0

-Network

Automatic (when i disable the wifi)

10.101.83.101 (when wifi is on)

i use the same settings with WinXp. i am almost sure its the gateway. since computer ip and gateway must be the same.

thats the ip i use right now

(10.101.80.101 for congo)

(10.101.81.101 for junior)

(10.101.83.101 for laptop)

(NICPicker? why to use it?)

• As Richard pointed out: The Offline version doesn't really support output data to dimmers. Therefore, Congo doesn't have a way to configure ETCNet2. 

Related