Several questions

Hi everyone,

in a few days i'm gonna use a Congo jr.. I'm doing some training with the manual, and i've found dome things i didn't find an answer to.

The questions are several but pretty simple, i hope they won't be too much and, most of all, stupid. If they will, i beg your pardon.

1- In the preset list or i the palette list editor i can modify attributes values of moving heads, but i can't insert palettes. Is it impossible or i ignore something?

2- Is there a way to scroll up/down the output editor window?

3- is there a shortcut to open the devices list?

4- is it possible to put more channels with different intensities in a step of an effect? I need to do that as an effect to record i a preset, otherwise i know i could do a sequence and record it on a master key.

4b - otherwise, would it be possible to record that sequence into a preset?

5- i tried to record a single parameter on a master key with the mask function. The parameter goes up to full following the fader, but won't come down. is it normal or i did something wrong?

Thanks to all

[edited by: alabamaman at 6:17 PM (GMT -6) on Thu, Jun 23 2011]
  • Hi,

I will try to get you some quick answers, unfortunately, I don't get to spend as much time on the Congo as I would like these days.

1.)  In the preset list, you can insert a preset by using the INSERT key or you can insert a specific preset by # INSERT.  Off hand I don't know if you can insert a palette from the list, but I would imagine that you can even though I wouldn't.  I would create palettes from the live tab even if I am creating dummy palettes. 

2.)  Arrow keys are your main navigation tool.  Also, holding down the arrow key and using the level wheel will scroll you through many of the tabs.

3.) MODIFY + DEVICE

4.)  A sequence does sound like the way to go.  I will let someone better with effects answer this more.

4b.)  It is possible to have the preset fire the sequence on a master.

5.)  You say you "recorded a single parameter on a master key", did you record it as a preset on the master or load the parameter on to the master?  If you recorded it as a preset, you want to make sure that "rubberband" is enabled.  I believe in the latest software this is an option by master and not global.

Hope this helps,

John

• Hi there -

To expand on John's answers... :-)

1- In the preset list or i the palette list editor i can modify attributes values of moving heads, but i can't insert palettes. Is it impossible or i ignore something?

>>I'm assuming you mean you can't assign palettes to channels in these views - you can in the preset list, you cannot in the palette list. In Congo we do not embed palettes within other palettes. Presets can contain raw and referenced (palette) data. Editing in the Preset list is done the same way as you would in live, using keypad commands or direct selects. So, to assign focus palette 5 to channel 1, simply select channel 1 (1 CH) then apply the palette (5 FOCUS or press the direct select key for Focus Palette 5, if you have one assigned). Make sense? This is slightly easier to do with a real console than with offline. I would suggest opening up a Console Mimic Dock (SETUP & BROWSER or F11 & F10) and using that to get a feel for how the console works.

2- Is there a way to scroll up/down the output editor window?

>> CH & Level Wheel will scroll in the Output List, as well as in Live or other Channel Views (where you see the channel box symbols). Arrows & Level Wheel works to move the selection cell within lists and table views.

3- is there a shortcut to open the devices list?

>>As John mentioned, MODIFY & DEVICE. Note that the Device key is provided on the Master Playback WIng only, so if you don't have one you will need to go to the Browser>Patching>Device List to open it from Congo jr and Congo Kid.

4- is it possible to put more channels with different intensities in a step of an effect? I need to do that as an effect to record i a preset, otherwise i know i could do a sequence and record it on a master key.

>>Building an "old style" chase sequence is the way to make a chase using specific levels for channels. You can also use presets as the source data for Content Effects, but it sounds like you want to build a simple chase sequence. I would do that this way: Apply a new sequence to the Main Playback using # SEQ & PLAYBACK (the # is the number you want to use for that sequence). Record your presets with the channels at their specific levels, as you would for a normal sequence. Open the Sequence List (SEQ) and set that sequence to "Chase" mode (the cell should contain the word "Normal", just arrow to it and press MODIFY to toggle that mode to "Chase"). Assign that sequence to a master playback using # SEQ & Master Key. Raise and lower the fader to play the chase.

4b - otherwise, would it be possible to record that sequence into a preset?

>>Sequences cannot be recorded into a preset. You can set a Master Link on a sequence step to fire one or many master playbacks along with that step. You can also use a new Effect Playback - check out the Effects tutorials in this forum - which behaves like a channel, so those effects CAN be recorded into Presets.

5- i tried to record a single parameter on a master key with the mask function. The parameter goes up to full following the fader, but won't come down. is it normal or i did something wrong?

>>The setting you are looking for is "Return To: Previous" (what used to be called Rubberband). For that master, press SETUP & Master Key to open  the settings for that master. Find the Return To setting and set that to "Previous". You can also return to a specific preset or to the data coming specifically from the main playback - it just depends on what you're actually looking to do with that master.

I hope this helps!

Thanks -

Sarah

Related