Quick Flash

Hi

I own a Congo Jnr that doesn't have a fader wing and in a show iv got to plot in the next week, they want a hudge flash of light as something happens am i able to create that in a cue or effect etc so when my board monkey hits the go button this happens?????

Parents
  • Hi Patch -

You don't actually need a wing to use the masters, or to create master links, which is what I think you are asking. However, I'm not certain. What exactly do you want to have happen in your show and why do you believe you need a master to do it? You could also write two presets and have the second preset autofollow the first with a very short wait time - so the first preset includes the lights flashing on, and the second preset has those lights off, and the two always play in quick succession... Or do you need something else?

Thanks -

Sarah

• Hi Sarah

I didn't know that about masters thats useful to know, what exactly i need is there is fight scene in the show and when an actor on stage throws a punch they want just a flash of light. The reason i thought saying about the masters is because you would proberly just use the flash button underneath the fader but because i don't have that option maybe the the preset idea will be the best option. If you could give me some advise on how to do this that would be great or another option.

Hope this helps

Thanks

• Hi there -

I would simply use an Independent key for this purpose - it will do the same as a flash key on a master. Just make sure that the independent is not set to "toggle" - that would latch the switch on, and the light would not go out when you let go of the key. :-)

Thanks -

Sarah

Reply Children
Related