Random lights after powerdown

Ok, we've been working with out Congo Jr console for about a week here.

Randomly, after we go through a proper power down sequence, soemtiems the board will put up several dimmers at non-consosistant levels.

Our current dimming system is an ETC Sensor Rack from the early 90's (i can get a year and sofware version if that helps) and im wondering if this has been seen before, if there's likely a problem, and if you think it's with our Sensor rack or the console.

Parents
  • Hi

I don't know that happens but we've got the same problem and we have Digi IV dimmers from Robert Juliat. Even if we try to taking of the DMX cables (we are using the 2 DMX exits) some projectors, never the same, will light up.

This is one thing that happen on our Congo rarelly but on the Congo's Jr was more frequent. It becames almost impossible to shut down 1 of the Jr after we install the 4.3.1 version. For insteance last saturday we stay for almost 10 minutes to shut down the Jr console without lighting up any projector. Some times even when my collegue disconnect the DMX cables before exit the program everything light up.

I don't know if the driver that is on the etc web page will solve this problem but I'll try with another Congo Jr with 4.3.2 version plus the driver installed to see if this hell continue. I'll use another cause we have a play on scene and don't want to try nothing different on the console that we are using on the show.

• Arel, your problem sounds like the DMX output card firmware.

Congo Jr Consoles sold before April 2007 had a fault with the DMX firmware resulting in the output being under-powered, that could cause flickering levels and momentary loss of control.
    A side effect of this was that the power down sequence could send a random 'spike' down the DMX line, resulting in an unexpected level on a dimmer.

However, Pedro's problem sounds like overly-sensitive dimmers, because disconnecting the DMX cables is causing his dimmers to come on.
    The firmware update should improve the situation, but may not completely fix it.

• Well, like i said, we bought out Congo within the last month and got it in last week, so i figured it SHOULD have teh firmware update already on it. Should i try installing it anyway?
  • Ok, i installed the firmware update and it's done it since. Although this isnt a big deal, it just means that i cant put non-dimmable fixtures on the system without setting the sensor rack, something id not like to do, since we're using a blacklight for the show in three weeks. 

• Hi Arel

What is the version of the software that you have?? I made an experince with another Congo Jr with last version 4.3.2 and the firmware installed and when try to exit everything run well. No projectors light up after the shutdown. But when I use the other Congo Jr with 4.3.1 and the firmware installed it happen again. Some projectors light up.

Maybe the 4.3.2 software have something that fix that bug I don't know.

Next week when we finished all the shows I'll install in every console the 4.3.2 and after that we see what happen 

• the console shipped with the 4.3.2 software.
Reply Children
No Data
Related