Ipad etc app

Hey all i have a congo sr and my ipad is not not making a connection with it since i made the upgrade to iOs5.

I have a 1st gen ipad wifi only the day after the upgrade it worked fin then last night i tried to connect and i get the no connection established but i go into settings and it see the console.

Anyone else having this problem?

Parents Reply
  • Hi,

Actually, there seems to be a general problem with iOS5 that many iPhone and iPad users have experienced since they upgraded to iOS5. Network connection is frequently dropped. I haven't seen a formal response from Apple yet but I hope they are working to solve this iOS issue.

[Clarification] Turning on Airplane mode as mentioned before might help as a workaround until it gets fixed since it will make sure that the device is using the network connection and not the cellular one. 

[edited by: Anders Ekvall at 3:31 AM (GMT -6) on Mon, Oct 24 2011]
Children
  • I've noticed with my new setup on my Ipad (no G3) that I have no such problems, but when I run the same setup on my Iphone, my iPhone doesn't like the fact that the wifi has no internet access, so it decides after a bit to switch to a different wifi that does provide internet access. If I switch into airplane mode and then select the Congo wifi feed, I have no problems. Just got the iphone so it's iOS 5. I think they have some functionality that causes the iPhone (and I suspect iPads with G3 capability) to reject wifi feeds that don't have internet access, making the assumption that the wifi is broken if it doesn't feed to the internet.

Related