more decimals

Hi!

Is there a way to edit times in hundredths (with two decimals) or is it something that is planned for a future release? I have an old show that is going to be a part of a night with many different acts and the light is all programmed in with hundredths in an autosequence on wholehog. If it's possible I rather not change the desk just for one part of the show.

Thanks! 

Anton 

Parents
  • I would like to add to this.

Will it be possible to include in the next upgrade a two decimal preset number (preset 10.55)

Many time television lighting designers use the item number on a run down as their cue number. So item 10 maybe a performance and item 11 maybe the restore. So I have only 10 presets I can use for that item number.

MZ
  • Hi guys-

Unfortunately the single-digit-after-the-decimal is a fundamental thing in Congo. To change this means re-engineering the whole core of the engine - which is not currently on our to-do list. :-)

For actual "zero" times, I suggest that you set the default Go time to "0" and use fade timing for other aspects of your show. This way, you can get that 0-time snap if 0.1 is too long.

Thanks -

Sarah 

• Hi Sarah et al,

I know this is a very old thread but after a year of frustration with the Congo I couldn't go any longer without giving my 2 cents.

As a lighting designer and as a programmer I frequently need times in 100ths of seconds, I've worked with dozens of lighting consoles during my 15 years in the business and the Congo is the first I've come across that won't handle double digit decimals.

Surely this is a fundamental design flaw? And as such SHOULD be on your to-do list. I can't understand how companies such as ETC / AVAB who are both veterans in the lighting business could overlook something like this.

Please please please can this be sorted out, re-engineering the core of the engine may be a big job but if it's necessary it's necessary!

Yours in frustration,

A.

• Hello there -

You will be happy to know that we have made this change in the upcoming v6 software, due for release later this summer.

Thanks (& sorry for your frustration) -

Sarah

Reply Children
Related