How do I import gobo information from VW2020 into Augment3d?

I see on the database tab a field to enter the gobo but don't see a way to export it from VW into Augment3d directly. It works for color. Do have to enter the gobos directly into the patch?

-Ed

• There currently isn't a direct gobo map in the Import...Augment3d (From Vectorworks) options.

You have to enter them directly into the Gobo field by clicking thru the manufacturers and then clicking on an image.

To avoid too much struggle flipping through pages, for now I'd just import "custom" gobo images based on what I know is in my plot. It just makes them easier to find. Not to mention, then the show gobos are all organized together. 

You can however, in the Eos = Source File mapping during an import: choose to match one of the Text# fields with "template" from the Source File as reference. That way, when you are in Patch/Database going through and choosing your gobos, you can have the field referencing the gobo # you need for each fixture within sight. Text10 is a good place for this because then it is displayed close to the Gel and Gobo columns in Patch/Database.

Hope that helps!

Related