Fixtures revert to earlier position after exiting patch

Certain fixtures revert to an earlier position(3d location and orientation) when exiting patch. This has happened multiple times(but not every time I exit patch), always reverting to the position they were at when imported from vectorworks. I can re-locate them by changing the coordinates in either Augment3d or Patch, but eventually they snap back to the imported positions(appears to be only when exiting patch from an unrelated action, such as patching a new fixture or changing the location of a different fixture. Positions save when I update them in patch and then immediately exit patch).

Problem channels are:

31-34(calculated using FPE)

41-42, 51-54, 61-63, 71-73(Position data entered manually in Augment3d or Patch)

Not all channels have this problem, only the listed channels(1-22, 64-70 were also imported from vectorworks)

Is this a bug that's already been reported? or did I find something new?

Gio @5 running version 3.0.0 build 389, bug occurs both with and without Nomad connected.

Showfile: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wdyv4unb6wcemdh/NJ%20Bug%20showfile%202020-9-2?dl=0

Parents
  • I'm sorry you're having this trouble.  I see that if I open your showfile's patch and Augment3d portions, then nudge Channel 1, many channels near the "Back curtain" seem to move immediately.  

For us to troubleshoot this issue, it would be very helpful to have your Vectorworks import file (.a3d).  Even better if you'd be willing to share your original Vectorworks .vzw file.  If you would prefer, you can email me directly at mattp [at] etcconnect.com

Thanks,

-Matt Pumplin | Technical Support Engineer

• I'm sorry you're having this trouble.  I see that if I open your showfile's patch and Augment3d portions, then nudge Channel 1, many channels near the "Back curtain" seem to move immediately.  

For us to troubleshoot this issue, it would be very helpful to have your Vectorworks import file (.a3d).  Even better if you'd be willing to share your original Vectorworks .vzw file.  If you would prefer, you can email me directly at mattp [at] etcconnect.com

Thanks,

-Matt Pumplin | Technical Support Engineer

Children
Related