Issue with size and scale

I'm trying to set up my venue, but the behavior is very strange when I try to size some objects I wanted to confirm that it's a bug, and not a PICNIC error.

I've created a group for Soft Goods anchored at 0/0/0, and then put my Cyc into that group. When I attempt to resize it, it seems to be applying a scale factor to the number I enter, and I can't seem to find what's causing it.

I'm attaching screenshots of the Hierarchy and Inspector information to illustrate what's happening. I'd appreciate any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong, or if it's a bug I need to report.

Thank you.

Group 

Scale 1 Scale 2

Parents
  • Attached is my file. I was able to get what I wanted by making changes to the text boxes for World positions, but when I did that, it changed the size of the object automatically. I could then go back and reset the size, and that seemed to work, but it also seems to be applying the scale when I attempt to move the curtains using the ML Controls, so setting the X to -20' in ML Controls puts the curtain 200+ feet SR.

GCHS A3D Base Test 2020-09-10 10-38-46.esf3d

• I've been working on other projects, since I'm not actually in my space for a while, but I'm still having this issue. Things are randomly changing their XYZ coordinates without actually changing locations. This makes it very hard to update something like moving a pipe out a foot.

• Hi Sean, I think you were part of the Open Beta forum for Eos 3.0.  Did this showfile originate in Beta?  There were significant changes made during Beta to how elements like Pipe, Truss, and Groups were handled. 

A file started in build 330 or higher should not have issues, but if your file is from before that, you will likely need to rebuild it by,opening the showfile you posted with Augment3d, and re-creating the drapery, pipes, and so on.  

This will cause your Augment3d Hierarchy to have many Patch Nodes which indicate the Pipes and other "Parent" objects that went missing when Augement3d Model was not opened.

You'll need to add back in Pipes and then attach all the channels to the appropriate Pipe - for instance it looks like Chans 111-115, etc are on a pipe called "Catwalk" in your original file.

• Hi Sean, I think you were part of the Open Beta forum for Eos 3.0.  Did this showfile originate in Beta?  There were significant changes made during Beta to how elements like Pipe, Truss, and Groups were handled. 

A file started in build 330 or higher should not have issues, but if your file is from before that, you will likely need to rebuild it by,opening the showfile you posted with Augment3d, and re-creating the drapery, pipes, and so on.  

This will cause your Augment3d Hierarchy to have many Patch Nodes which indicate the Pipes and other "Parent" objects that went missing when Augement3d Model was not opened.

You'll need to add back in Pipes and then attach all the channels to the appropriate Pipe - for instance it looks like Chans 111-115, etc are on a pipe called "Catwalk" in your original file.

Children
Related