Magic Sheet Problems

Since I started using Augment3d I have noticed that oftentimes moving from the Aug screen back to my Magic Sheet that screen is both unlocked and zoomed in. So, I have to  "Zoom to all" and relock! This is on my home computer. Will be testing on console later on today

• Hi  could you please give some more details about your setup? What type of computer and OS? How many screens? How many Eos windows? Is the Augment3d tab in the same frame as the Magic Sheet tab? Does it matter which Magic Sheet you have displayed? Do you have more than one Magic Sheet tab open, and does this issue occur on all of the Magic Sheet tabs? Any sense of specifically how often this happens - 25% or 75% of the time, say?

Thanks, MattP

• Hadn't thought too much about it until this am when you replied.
    I didn't get a chance to investigate at the theatre yet but I do know that even back in 2.9.0 a (few weeks ago) we would open the MS to see it zoomed in. I just showed people how to right click tab, zoom to all and lock then forgot about. I.E. It isn't new to us..

Run EOS at home on a well maintained Windows 10 64 bit machine with two monitors.
    EOS opens to, in the left screen: "2 PSD List 1", "12 Patch" and "5 ML Controls" on top. "NPS area" and "CIA" at the bottom. In the right monitor is "1 Live Table Patched", "3 Live MS 1 'MS1'" (we only have one MS) and "38 Augment3d" (with five MLs).

As an example: Today opened EOS at home with Augment3d up. Tabbed straight to MS to find it unlocked and zoomed. (something I would never leave as). The screen was zoomed to all and locked.

Went back to Augment3d and selected a Ml. Used "Ctl+Alt+\" then Focus to check "XYZ Format Enable". Went back to live via a snapshot) and opened MS to find it zoomed and unlocked again. Zoom and lock were corrected.

Then went into Patch and selected Augment3d to see XYZ etc. Didn't change anything and went back live. Bought up MS and sure enough it had zoomed and unlocked again!

Tried other activities and though not seeing this (especially when staying live) on all occasions but it certainly is not a rare event. I had popped up after so many operations that I ma finding to find any pattern or specific operation(s) that acerbate it. 

I made a log zip and sent it along with the Show file I was using at the time to eos@etcconnect.com. 

• this sounds like your snapshot was recorded with the magic sheet unlocked

• Agreed. But I had not on several occasions evoked the snapshot. One of the reasons I have been hesitant to even mention this is that it is so arbitrary. Today I did not see any zooming at home. Hmm! 

• Hi Robert, thank you for sending the files to us.  I've had a look, and it does appear as though your Snapshots were recorded with the Magic Sheet unlocked.  If that is the sole cause of the issue, you'll just need to Zoom to All and Lock your Magic Sheet, then Update your Snapshot or re-record it.  After I did that with your showfile, the problem seemed to go away for me.

Something else you could try, if you have the screen real-estate, is to have the Magic Sheet and Augment3d Tabs open on the same screen by splitting your workspace into 2 or more frames, then putting each tab in its own frame.

• I'm certainly to make sure the Snapshot is recording both zoomed and locked. I often use the snapshot to get reset my left screen (PS, CIA etc) and Live display on the right and not realizing the (hidden) MS was getting changed as well. I knew it was something I was doing because when these things are posted, if there really is a problem hosts of folks jump in. Thanks for sorting this out.  

Related