Chauvet 560z 3D not working

I am working with A3D for the first time in a space with movers. 4 Maverick Mk2's working just fine. 12 560z Wash's not happy at all. I figured I had positioned the lights in 3d incorrectly, but I can not figure out how to rotate them to work as they do IRL.

I set them to a focus point IRL and they are all over the board in 3D. 

I get 3D to look like IRL but then when I pan or tilt I get the opposite direction of IRL. (I am trying various options on rotation.) I can get Tilt to work, but then Pan won't and vice versa.

Is the fixture messed up, or did I mess things up?

I tried using FPE to calculate their position. Worked okay for the Mavericks, not well all for the 560z. I figured it was since the zoom was only so tight I couldn't get a good tight focus point.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you, Gregg

Parents
  • So an update. The support article helped - to a point. The pan was inverted on the virtual fixutre. But to fix it you have to change the pan on the real fixture. Which meant that the prior focus points were off. I expect there is an easy way to fix them, though since I was early in the process it wasn't a big deal, but a lesson learned for the future.

However the virtual fixtures are still off from real life. If I choose a location in A3D the Wash units are off (usually low) by a few degrees. according to everything I can see in the setup, the tilt parameters are correct. I'm guessing I could tweak it a bit and perhaps it would eventually work. I don't have the time though as filming starts tomorrow.

The spots however are right on. So it is quite useful as a programming tool. Especially as I am not FOH but stuck in Video world for this show. We will see how this event goes.

All good lessons to learn about using A3d and the setup exercises required.

• So I did post the fixture request. The final results were that the 560z's were not usable in A3d during the process., too much is off to try and use the focus tools, etc. I did use A3d to give me a representation of where they were roughly pointed in the plot (using stick labels) that helped when looking at different camera shots and trying to boost or reduce light on a given orchestra member.

The Maverick Mk2's worked fine. The whole experience was interesting, and with equipment that had better virtual representation, could be quite useful in a number of situations. Quite an OS update. Glad I got to play with it IRL.

Thank you for the help. Gregg

• So I did post the fixture request. The final results were that the 560z's were not usable in A3d during the process., too much is off to try and use the focus tools, etc. I did use A3d to give me a representation of where they were roughly pointed in the plot (using stick labels) that helped when looking at different camera shots and trying to boost or reduce light on a given orchestra member.

The Maverick Mk2's worked fine. The whole experience was interesting, and with equipment that had better virtual representation, could be quite useful in a number of situations. Quite an OS update. Glad I got to play with it IRL.

Thank you for the help. Gregg

Children
No Data
Related