open or merge preprogrammed Augment3d model

Hello there,

what is best practice if I have a show locally in a theatre, and I want to prepare the Augment3D Model with all fixture positions at home. 

Back in theatre can i say browser-open-the preprogramming show i want the model from- and then only tick the Augment3d

Or better navigate to browser-merge-the preprogramming show i want the model from- and then only tick the Augment3d ???

At home I need to modify the gobo and color loads because we have custom one. But back in theatre I want everything like it was, just load the 3D Model/Positions in.

Thanks in advance!

• this is something you want to be careful with, especially if it's a big showfile that you didn't program yourself... and before bringing back info from home into your existing showfile make sure you're comfortable with file managment operations. there is a huge difference between the open and merge dialogue.

the best way is to start with the original showfile and then add a model there. bringing in the model from another showfile is simple but the fixture positions live in patch, so you would also have to merge the patch and this has a very serious potential to change your existing showfile including cues and presets.

Related