At what level is the Mapping process "remembering" the mappings?

I've noticed that even when I say File>New...if I do a new a3d mapping...my Nomad is remembering previous mappings. What is the logic behind this? Is it remembering those mappings at the device level? Is this so theatres with house inventory don't have to keep remapping on every show, the device just remembers what the mappings are? Just looking for some clarification of how that works. 

thanks
Cory

Parents
  • Hi ,

This is stored at both the device level and in the show file as it is shared across the network in a multi-console system. You are correct that the intent is to not need to remap fixtures every time when your inventory is likely unchanged. To clear the mappings, press the reset button in the importer then remap your fixtures as desired.

• thanks. Nick Gonsman and I were discussing this offline as well. As you open different files or create blank new fies, there is a real inconsistency to what mappings are remembered, which ones are forgotten, and which mappings Eos tries to make on your behalf that aren't even necc in your import file. I can provide a screen recording with details if you are interested. Regardless, I think it should be a high priority to try and clean up this behavior and make it more consistent because it's currently leading to a lot of extra clicking and mapping and resetting etc as one moves between files and performs various import functions.

• thanks. Nick Gonsman and I were discussing this offline as well. As you open different files or create blank new fies, there is a real inconsistency to what mappings are remembered, which ones are forgotten, and which mappings Eos tries to make on your behalf that aren't even necc in your import file. I can provide a screen recording with details if you are interested. Regardless, I think it should be a high priority to try and clean up this behavior and make it more consistent because it's currently leading to a lot of extra clicking and mapping and resetting etc as one moves between files and performs various import functions.

Children
Related