a couple questions about Gobos and A3d

Just a couple quick questions...

-In A3d...where you can see the ghosting of the round grey circle around the gobo, is this a known issue? I assume nothing can be done on the user end to fix it?

-Because the Eos gobo catalogue is so cumbersome to sort through, I plan on creating a folder of gobos for each show that I can import as images so I can pull what I need out of the Custom folder instead of searching. Since I'll be collecting those images myself, does it matter if they have white on the perimeter, or black, or are square or round. (see some examples attached). It seems that Augmented doesn't care and magically displays them correctly regardless, but just curious if there is a preference.

-I believe this is a long-standing bug...the slot numbers in Patch where you build the wheel don't match the slot number in ML controls. If you make slot 1 empty in the wheel build, you'll actually get 2 open slots in ML controls. Is this still on a list somewhere to be fixed?

-I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this...but, there is no way to just import your custom wheels right? You have to do an entire Fixture merge to bring in the custom wheels? I wish there was a way to just bring in wheels that you could then choose from without potentially overwriting the fixtures in the target show file. (do they overwrite? I actually don't have a ton of experience with fixture merge)

thanks!
Cory

Related