scenic element movable as focus palette?

Hi,

what would be the best workaround to use a "scenic element movable (SEM)" as a focus palette? (Or is this even possible directly and I am not finding it?)

Since I am able to set the position or orientation of SEM by channel parameters directly or remotely by OSC, I would like my movers to be able to follow them.

I want to be able to do this in a programmable way: NOT just ALWAYS following them (as I could by setting the xyz-focus-params directly) but eg just following them in one cue or moving between two different SEM or sticking to a part of a rotating SEM ...

One thing we thought about is using background macros to copy the focus data of the SEM to the movers but since it is about a lot of SEM and a lot of movers this gets confusing soon.

Parents
  • You can't natively follow an SEM in Eos. And since SEMs don't really output their location, it's a bit of a non-starter to follow them.

If you are looking to track automation however, there are solutions that you can DIY yourself using something like Notch, or TouchDesigner, or you can look into LightStrike (my preferred solution for this sort of thing).

• Thanks for your reply. Touch Designer will be in the show anyways but it is not really helping here:

We are planning to set up the show in the way that TD is just sending the tracked positions in a way or another but not decides WHEN a light actually follows this position (or even moves in between two of these positions or whatever we will imagine here).

This decision should be made by the actual cue.

I am right now evaluating which system to use and therefore have a look at EOS, GrandMA2 and Chamsys.

Chamsys i.e. has a feature called "tracker" that is more or less what I was asking for: a "point" in xyz-Space that can be set externally (osc, udp, some proprietary protocols like blacktrax, ...) on the one hand and be used as a focus point for movers on the other hand.

(Downside to Chamsys is that is very ugly and does not provide a system like the augment3d FPE).

• Have TD send an OSC command containing XYZ values to a group, and then use macros to change which channels are in the group.

Reply Children
Related