Dimmer fixture misses Yoke

Hello there,

i'm just hopping into the new stuff and have come to a quick stop.

Starting with a new clean show in v3.1 on my NoMad - win Computer

I patched a few Dimmers and while in Edit Mode my X/Y/Z handels are in the Models Center and not, as in Training-Videos, are on top.

All the distances are as well mesured from the center...

Do i miss an option to change that?

Worth to point out, Movinglights, as a Sola Frame Theater, are working as i would expact

thanks

thilda.

Parents Reply Children
  • The reason for this is that there's an infinite variety of yokes and hanging hardware, plus over-hung, underslung, out on a boom, on the floor etc...

So instead of trying to show that infinite variety, the fixture moves around the place where the yoke bolts to the fixture body, as that's the same no matter what you're using to rig it.

• I see were you are comming from.

But since it is the standard-Dimmer-Fixture in a S4-Shape i always do have math involved.

Let me think, on the paper, out loud.

It could be a:

- PAR (different sizes)

- S4

- any other Profiler

- PC

- Fresnel

- LED-Pixel

I still got your point.

BUT

In case we a thinking of a theater place. What would be the question to the Stagecrew?

-> Wich hight is the pipe right now?

You than still have to add the Clamp in your Math, to be extra precise.

But besides the Clamp and having the Yoke on top you can have a quite good eyeballed result.

And rotation should not mess with that! Meaning: on the Floor, Under the Pipe, on top of the Pipe.

And yes, after testing with a Movinglight, i think rotation will mess it up. Because a Dimmer has no Tilt-value in the Console. What a pity.

Hmmmm.

What a lovely quest to think about. And you always will have people argue against your decision.

Well well. I think after having thought about it so much, i can happily live with it.

Thank you very much for making your point clear. Helped me a lot.

yours

thilda

Related