Tethering doesn't always load the set model

When opening A3d on a tethered laptop to an @5, more often than not it won't load the set models, only displaying the lights and the generic floor. The quickest way I've found to fix it is go in to edit mode, then close edit mode without saving changes. 

Is this a known issue?

Running 3.0.2

Parents Reply Children
  • Not OP, but I came here looking for an answer to the same problem.  I'm running 3.1.1.120 on two systems.  If I run the console on system A and Augment3d on system B everything is fine.  If I swap that and run the console on system B and Augment3d on system A I only see the rig in Augment3d, none of the set models.  I can still control the rig fine, but there's no set.

The article you linked to says "Augement3d uses various network ports".  That doesn't help me to adjust my firewall.  What ports is it using?  Also, does the set model get accessed through a different port than the rig and rig control?  It seems to me it should all go over one TCP connection, so I don't know why the rig would show up and not the set.

• What exactly operating systems are those two computers using?

• Hey, I figured it out!  At least in my case.

To answer your question, one is running Windows 10 and the other is Windows 11.

The problem in my case is that, because I'm a software engineer, I use PyCharm as a Python editor and debugger.  PyCharm was listening on port 3098, which is the port that the console uses to transfer the model.  I was able to see in the Diagnostics tab that the model transfer was failing, then used Wireshark to trace the network packets to figure out that it was a TCP connection to port 3098 that wasn't working, then used tcpview and found that PyCharm had port 3098 open.

Closing PyCharm on the system where Augment3d wasn't loading the module fixed the problem.

• Have since updated to 3.1.1 and haven't had the issue again! Thanks team

Related