Augment3d flips shutters imported from vectorworks.

Either one of the softwares thinks diffrent how to handle shutter information for fixtures. Vectorworks handles shutter as in the real world using the shutters, eos is more of a wysiwyg aproach, same as in encoder display.

Personally, i think either allow to choose "flip shutters" during import.

Or just change the vectorworks plugin to flip it on export.

Personally, I am all for updating the export plugin.

Cheers guys.

Versions used:

eos 3.1.1
vetorworks2020 with most recent export plugin

Parents
  • I have now understood that that by setting Lamp Rotation Angle: 180 within vectorworks fixture parameter, the visual representation of the fixture in vectorworks and in augmented is the same, because Lamp Rotation Angle is ignored. the shutters have to be swapped top/bottom, left/right in vectorworks thou.

you could also set the default value in vectorworks spotlight preferences, so you would never have to think about it again.

cheers Slight smile

• I have now understood that that by setting Lamp Rotation Angle: 180 within vectorworks fixture parameter, the visual representation of the fixture in vectorworks and in augmented is the same, because Lamp Rotation Angle is ignored. the shutters have to be swapped top/bottom, left/right in vectorworks thou.

you could also set the default value in vectorworks spotlight preferences, so you would never have to think about it again.

cheers Slight smile

Children
No Data
Related