Set trusheight from sACN-value or channel inensity value?

Just found out that our overhead machinery can send out sACN packets on the network to show truss heights. They use three 16-bits to set X, Y and Z so total 85 machine per sACN-universe.

Is there any way I could get this value from the sACN into the Augumed connected to a truss and have it automatically move the truss vertically according to reality? Or is there any thought to be able to do this in the future in Augumed? It´s easy to get this value into Magicsheets.

...or is´t possible to use a 16-bit intencitychannel to set the Z-height of a truss instead of a virtual parameter?

Waagner-Biro´s CAT-system can with some small hardware and softwareprepration send both sACN and PSN (Posi Stage Network) so we try to figure it out if we can use it our APEX-consolles and Augumented. Slight smile

Parents
  • With a small workaround you can get that into the console, but I think there is currently a bug. You can use sACN input from Tab 11 to manipulate a Sub. If that sub has the Z parameter of a SEM channel (Scenic Element Movable) this SEM will be moved. This SEM represents the position of your truss. So if you go to Augment3d and nest all the lights which are attached to this truss under the SEM, the lights will move as well.

The bug I mentioned before: I think there is currently a problem with sACN input for 16bit addresses.

• Thanks for that. 

As it is now, you only work with meters (With my knowledge of the consols). Don't know if Waagner Biro sends out a 16-bit number for the height in mm, where 9520mm would then correspond to HEX 25 30 or if they work with two decimal numbers, one for meters and one for centimeters HEX 09 34 (DEC 09 52).

Don't know if there is any "standard" how it usually works in the industry when you get meters in a sACN package. ;)

One thing to be desired is a new stage element with the Z parameter that is linked to a sACN address, 8 or 16 bit or the possibility to use Posi Stage Network, where you don't have to use the SUB to make it happend i Augumented. ;)

• Thanks for that. 

As it is now, you only work with meters (With my knowledge of the consols). Don't know if Waagner Biro sends out a 16-bit number for the height in mm, where 9520mm would then correspond to HEX 25 30 or if they work with two decimal numbers, one for meters and one for centimeters HEX 09 34 (DEC 09 52).

Don't know if there is any "standard" how it usually works in the industry when you get meters in a sACN package. ;)

One thing to be desired is a new stage element with the Z parameter that is linked to a sACN address, 8 or 16 bit or the possibility to use Posi Stage Network, where you don't have to use the SUB to make it happend i Augumented. ;)

Children
No Data
Related