MVR Import

Hello Gang,

We're having a day of exploring getting things into Augment3D here at the lovely Glyndebourne Opera

We have a lighting plan in Vectorworks (2023 SP2, and actually we've also updated to SP4 and the same thing happens).

We export it as an MVR.

That MVR will import correctly into Capture

If we import it into Eos, the correct position values appear in the console but as fixture labels ( so we see -5.9415 | 2.12477 | 10,4242) rather than appearing in the Augment3D XYZ position fields - the | character separates the X-Y-Z values.

Because there is still no position data in the XYZ fields, in Augment the lights all appear as a big pile on the floor (though interestingly this does mean that SOME data has populated the Aug3D position fields in order for them to appear in Aug3D -  - they all show position (0,0,0) but do have distinct Z orientation values.

If we take the (correct) Capture file, export that as an MVR, import it into Eos, the same thing happens....

It feels like there's an export setting (except there don't really seem to be any) or import setting (though we've tried adjusting with these) that we have wrong since others seem to be doing this successfully.

Clues welcome...

Thanks!

Rob.

Parents
  • Just want to add that I am also unable to get any position data from MVR into A3D. The file imports into Capture just fine, but Eos won't import any XYZ data. Ive tried toggling every import setting I can find but position data won't import. Patch and scenery seem to come in just fine.

• Hey....

Have you looked to see whether the position data is appearing in unexpected places? Most particularly, in seemingly random fields in Patch > Database rather than in the Aug3D Patch XYZ fields?

There was some combination of settings, which I can't remember now, where we saw this, which helped us narrow down the data did exist in the MVR file and was getting into Eos (albeit in the wrong place), which then led to more playing with the settings which eventually landed it in the right place.

Rob.

• Hey....

Have you looked to see whether the position data is appearing in unexpected places? Most particularly, in seemingly random fields in Patch > Database rather than in the Aug3D Patch XYZ fields?

There was some combination of settings, which I can't remember now, where we saw this, which helped us narrow down the data did exist in the MVR file and was getting into Eos (albeit in the wrong place), which then led to more playing with the settings which eventually landed it in the right place.

Rob.

Children
No Data
Related