Incorporating Stairs into Augment3d Scanner

TLDR: I want to add steps and a balcony to my Augment3d scan, and I don't know the best way to go about that.

Hi fellow lighting nerds! I've been in the process, albeit a very slow one, of creating a 3d cad model of the theatre I work at, so that we can have an accurate light plot to publish on our website as well as to have an Augment3d file to design in, out of the theater. The place has a very intricate interior and while I'd love to have as much detail as possible, I know that that's not really practical, but the layout of everything is still equally as interesting/complicated. While I know for sure that I can use A3d Scanner to map out the actual stage and proscenium, there are some other features of the theatre that I want to include in the model. The first, which is what this post is about, is how I would handle adding our balcony. we have four rows that have a considerable 2-2 1/2 step in elevation. As far as I understand from my limited use of the A3d Scanner app, it doesn't seem that I can do any sort of change in elevation so I was wondering if anyone had any easy workarounds for this, or if I just need to do multiple 3d models and piece them all together in Augment3d after scanning them? Additionally I would love to have the majority of the inside of the theater modeled as well so that I can better visualize lighting the interior as we often use specials to light from and into our "box seats", especially since one of them houses our pipe organ. Would these also just require multiple scans and piece them together in post? Lastly, we have a tableau curtain (we're one of the few original theatres to still have one. Also isn't it also called a butterfly curtain?) and it usually presents a challenge to design around, despite how beautiful it is, because it occupies a fair bit of the proscenium, and including it in the plot/3d model would be nice, so if anyone has any tips on that I'd love to hear them! I still have limited experience with Augment3d so low level explanations would be great. Thanks!

Related