MacIII rogue prism in beam in Aug3d

Hello...

I have a show with some MacIIIs, which we are transferring from MA to Eos, with the first stage of that transfer an MA import by ETC.

I've added position information to the rig for Aug3D.

It seems to be showing the MacIIIs with a prism (which I think is the 'BeamFX' parameter) permanently in the beam. I can rotate it, but I can't get rid of it.

Fixture is showing the '3D' tag in the patch.

DMX output is showing 0 on the BeamFX channel, which the MacIII manual says should be no prism.

I can't get to the real lights until next week, so (as is often the case with virtual lighting) am left wondering which is correct.... But altering the BeamFX parameter seems to have no effect on Aug3D, so I'm thinking Aug3D might be wrong.

Any thoughts or known issues, I'd love to hear them?

Thanks,

Rob.

Parents Reply Children
  • Ah, ok. That fixture was built by whatever process ETC use to import MA2 show files so maybe we should also look at getting that fixed? Or at least not have it show the ‘3d’ tag after import? (It looked like it was just copies of the official fixture renamed to identify MA fixtures with different gobo loads)  

I’ll send a showfile later but will probably just switch to the normal fixture. 

Thanks!

Rob. 

Related