RVI does not send OSC TX

Hey all,

I'm loving your TouchOSC layout and the guide to put it together.

I am in the middle of a load in and noticed that my RVI is not transmitting OSC back to the iPad.  If i connect to my ION which is the master console, then I have all of the functionality. 

Is this something to do with using a client with OSC?

Ion 2.3, RVI 2.3

Thanks,

Parents Reply Children
  • Thanks for the reply. If possible it would be nice to tie different devices to different clients and backups so you can have multiple people controlling the system. Much like the rfr system.
    Thanks again for the help.
  • I agree.  On the remote side you can set it up to be a particular user and will get much of the functionality from that.  What you don't get is some of the feedback and encoders/wheels per user.  /eos/user/2/key/enter is an example of a specified user tagged to a button.  With this you can build an interface that sends commands as user 2. If you only want the command line of user 2 you can use /eos/out/user/2/cmd to watch a specified users command line.  There is currently no user version of the /eos/active series of outputs so active chan and active wheel will only follow the main OSC user.

The more people who ask for multi-user/multi-device functionality the sooner we are going to see it.  There is a very big list of things that are planned for the Eos desks and there is only so much the development team can get done each day.  

Don't forget that you can continue using the ETC iRFR app alongside any OSC app you have added.  

I hope this helps.

Related