Labels

Hey guys and gals,

I would love to create a page in TouchOSC that is just blank macro buttons, then label the macros in the console and have the labels appear in TouchOSC on my iPad.  That way, as I create new macros over the course of tech, I don't have to be constantly updating the labels on my laptop and shooting a new TouchOSC file to my iPad. Is that doable?

Sean Meyer

• It is doable. You need to set up a Direct Select Module in Touch OSC. I thing some of the example layouts have them. If not I do. You can make the DS be any number of buttons you want and have pages even. The DS buttons get their labels from the console.
  • Gotcha.  So this is what I have so far:

The button that toggles between direct selects is

/eos/ds/1/cp/1

/eos/ds/1/macro/1

et cetera, et cetera

The label is

/eos/out/ds/1/1

/eos/out/ds/1/2

et cetera, et cetera

The actual direct select button is

/eos/ds/1/1

/eos/ds/1/2

et cetera, et cetera

So when i have everything set like this, i can successfully toggle between the different direct selects on only my first button, with the label repopulating to the group, color palette, macro label.  but i can't get the rest of the page (which is a total of 35 buttons) to reconfigure.  so what am i doing wrong?

here is the actual touchOSC file.  it's basically an amalgam of some layouts i've found online and it's a work in progress, so excuse anything that may look weird.  all the pertinent stuff is on the first page, labelled (for now) "macros".

https://www.dropbox.com/s/11iaayq53mxwbyx/Sean%27s%20Setup%202.touchosc?dl=0

Thanks!

-Sean

• Your DS setup buttons are the issue.
    /eos/ds/1/macro/20
    makes a virtual DS number 1 of macros with 20 buttons
    If you want color palettes
    /eos/ds/1/cp/20
    should work.
    Unfortunately TouchOSC sucks at copying buttons between layouts/pages so the DS20 page you have has lost all its appropriate osc information. I would suggest opening the original file you got that from and looking at the osc information for the buttons in that.
Related