What's the extent of midi control with ETCnomad software?

I'm looking to use some midi controllers. Just need to understand the limitations of MSC with the eon software. Can I trigger pallets and colors and moving lights pan and tilt. Stuff like that 

Parents
  • before i tell you what flavours of midi Eos understands you need to be aware that currently the only way for midi into eos software is a Net3 Show Control Gateway (or the midi ports at the back of a console). nomad will not work with a midi-usb interface.
    Eos will accept MSC for cues, macros and subs. and currently we don't accept input in any other midi flavor (except MTC).

i would strongly suggest looking into OSC
  • So on the ETCnomad page, it says the colbolt software can recieve direct midi for "third party midi panels" should I switch to the colbolt software to get support for my Akai LPD8?

Or how can I setup OSC? I just want to be able to trigger presets with a midi controller.
  • Take a look at the TouchOSC and other posts in the Eos Family Show Control section to see about OSC setup. It isn't all that complex but basic computer networking is a helpful skill. There are several types of devices that are similar to the LPD8. You can also use a computer as an in-between to take the LPD8 and turn it's commands into OSC. If you are on a Mac computer there is a program called Osculator that translates midi to OSC and OSC to midi.
  • Take a look at the TouchOSC and other posts in the Eos Family Show Control section to see about OSC setup. It isn't all that complex but basic computer networking is a helpful skill. There are several types of devices that are similar to the LPD8. You can also use a computer as an in-between to take the LPD8 and turn it's commands into OSC. If you are on a Mac computer there is a program called Osculator that translates midi to OSC and OSC to midi.
Children
No Data
Related