Console discovery

Is there any documentation on how console discovery can work - from wireshark I can see some UDP ACN stuff happening so can probably do some detective work but if there was an existing example I could borrow it would be good. It would also be good to know if this can/should work with the offline client (with/without a dongle)

This is to allow an OSC remote to auto-discover consoles on the network

Thanks!

Also - sidequestion - how do I turn off the majorly annoying message that tries to take me on a tour of the forum every time I visit the site? I can only see a "later" button not a "go away forever" one!

Parents
  • richardWilliamson said:

Also - sidequestion - how do I turn off the majorly annoying message that tries to take me on a tour of the forum every time I visit the site? I can only see a "later" button not a "go away forever" one!

ueliriegg said:

the tour question pops up when you're not logged in. the forum will log you out automatically every two weeks. i guess that this function requires cookies to be stored. so maybe an (overly) strict internet protection application?

The later button will defer the action for a time, but it is actually a property on the back end that remembers whether you have completed the tour. It will only completely dismiss if you complete the full tour while logged in.
    Since it is presented to all new users, it will always show up when you visit the page and are not logged in.
  • richardWilliamson said:

ueliriegg said:

the tour question pops up when you're not logged in. the forum will log you out automatically every two weeks. i guess that this function requires cookies to be stored. so maybe an (overly) strict internet protection application?

The later button will defer the action for a time, but it is actually a property on the back end that remembers whether you have completed the tour. It will only completely dismiss if you complete the full tour while logged in.
    Since it is presented to all new users, it will always show up when you visit the page and are not logged in.
Children
No Data
Related