Replaced Element Caused Timecode to Stop Functioning

Hi all,

Consulting on a production which fires cues via midi from Qlab 3 to an Element running 2.3.3. The show has been running for 2 years successfully, but the element has just been replaced and now midi isn't working. The only change is the console.

I was called in to check the basics: the Qlab showfile is unchanged from when it was functioning (midi default is Voice Message, use midi controls is enabled, device ID is 0), the cables are run properly (usb to Midiman set to thru, midi out to elements IN port, there is one cue with Midi trigger enabled that is meant to fire a cue in the Element).

Element has events programmed into show control, set to midi, internal and external clocks on, says waiting for input, timecode on the top is grey. In settings, midi timecode is enabled, receive channel set to 0, everything looks correct.

As best i can tell, the element should be receiving time code but isn't, which would suggest something is wrong with the input, but the computer apparently wasn't touched during the install. The timecode window in Qlab shows timecode exporting when the cue is played, but regardless of what I send from the computer the timecode at the top/left of the element display remains greyed 00:00:00:00.

It's worth noting that when I arrived on the scene to troubleshoot, the midi was plugged into the OUT port on the element, and in show control the Event Lists' internal and external clocks were disabled. I switched the port the IN and enabled all clocks, to no avail.

I'm back in the space at 4pm tomorrow and'll have an hour to fix this, with a show Saturday night. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Parents Reply Children
No Data
Related