TouchOSC - Simply display the current cue ?

Hi All, 

I'm looking for a Touch OSC layout to simply display the currently active cue (and ideally the pending cue, and ideally the labels). This is for a designer to monitor cue numbers, so I don't want it to have any commands, I'm just looking to get a bigger and bolder cue number than is possible on the RFR. From reading the Show Control Guide, I'm imagining the OSC arguments I need are:

/eos/out/active/cue/<cue list number>/<cue number>

/eos/out/active/cue/text

/eos/out/pending/cue/<cue list number>/<cue number>

/eos/out/pending/cue/text

But I'm unsure as to what to enter in the "text" field in TouchOSC Editor to get the data from Eos to display on the object. I'm aware of the limitations of refreshing once per second and it only showing active and pending, but this should be fine for these purposes. 

Many thanks

James

Parents
  • A small update - after some experimentation I've had some success getting the Current Cue and pending cue to display. 

the Eos Arguments I used were:

/eos/out/active/cue/text

and 

/eos/out/pending/cue/text

in both the OSC and Label fields. I tried using the "/eos/out/active/cue" field, but it just gives me a value between 0-1 of cue completed. 

I'd ideally love to separate out the Cue number, Label, Time Complete and Percentage Complete fields (so I could have them at different sizes). Anyone with any thoughts on how to do that, I'd love to hear from you ! 

I assume it isn't possible to use different fonts in Touch OSC ?

If this is of any use to anyone, do send me a message, I'd be happy to send you the layout. My plan is for a designer to use during previews to have a bolder cue display handy ....

Many thanks

James

• TouchOsc is very basic on displaying incoming data and has no way to parse it.  I would suggest looking at Lemur.  It has scripting capability and you can split the incoming osc message into different parts for display purposes.  It does take some additional learning to get your head around how to do all those things.

• Thanks Druuka,

I suspected that might be true. Pleased to have something semi working nonetheless (!).

Having a look into Lemur now.

Does any OSC option give the option of NOT targeting the Master console ? I've written a macro which works for me to add a note to a cue, but the macro only works Foreground, and I'd prefer not to have the Operator's command line every time a note is added.

Many thanks

James

• You can target a different user with /eos/user/##.  For example, when you send "/eos/user/5" other OSC content you send after that will be treated as being executed by user 5.  Send /eos/user/-1 to return to the console's active user.

• Brilliant - and does that user have to be online anywhere in the system, or can I just have an OSC user ID ?

I'm not quite sure how I would express that in one single command in touchOSC ? Perhaps I need a page to specify User ID, then switch to the page to fire the macros ... ?

Many thanks for all your help 

James

Reply Children
Related