Raspberry Pi / Arduino OSC Cue Display

Hello

I've been thinking for a while about how to do this and drawn blanks so maybe someone here has a solution or can point me in the right direction?

Essentially I would like a RPi or Arduino sitting on the network, which displays incoming OSC packets from an IP address as a readable Q Number on an interface (looking at /eos/out/cue/xx/ presumably). I've thought about TouchOSC on an iPad or Android, but would prefer to use the RPi/Arduino sitting around as they're also cheaper.

Any thoughts / suggestions would be appreciated

Cheers

Cam

Parents
  • Have you figured out how to do this? I think it would be cool to have a monitor for my spotlight ops.

• Hello, sorry I've just seen this. I successfully managed to develop this using a RPi and the Official RPi touchscreen. Sadly don't have any photos of the finished product as I left that job soon after finishing this. I do have a generic screen shot however. The colour scheme is based off Eos.

Essentially it's a Javascript "app" (it's actually a HTML based page that is packaged into an Electron app) that connects to Eos and then synchronises the cue stack. As it was on an RPi, I could change the formatting for each user. I ended up doing this by relying on HostName and then calling a specific formatting file for that hostname. For example, the HoD could see a cue's (and respective parts) label, FCB times, duration, fw/hg, etc, while the spot ops could only see a cue's part 0's label and cue duration. There's a heartbeat for every time the app see's Eos' ping, and there is a bar that follows the current cue).

As it's javascript I've got a Mac version as well. Let me know if you're a mac user and I can sort you out with a fully finished piece of code. The RPi version should be somewhere as well, so give me a bit more time on that.

One key thing to remember is that the OSC TCP version should be 1.1 (SLIP) for my code to work.

• Hello, sorry I've just seen this. I successfully managed to develop this using a RPi and the Official RPi touchscreen. Sadly don't have any photos of the finished product as I left that job soon after finishing this. I do have a generic screen shot however. The colour scheme is based off Eos.

Essentially it's a Javascript "app" (it's actually a HTML based page that is packaged into an Electron app) that connects to Eos and then synchronises the cue stack. As it was on an RPi, I could change the formatting for each user. I ended up doing this by relying on HostName and then calling a specific formatting file for that hostname. For example, the HoD could see a cue's (and respective parts) label, FCB times, duration, fw/hg, etc, while the spot ops could only see a cue's part 0's label and cue duration. There's a heartbeat for every time the app see's Eos' ping, and there is a bar that follows the current cue).

As it's javascript I've got a Mac version as well. Let me know if you're a mac user and I can sort you out with a fully finished piece of code. The RPi version should be somewhere as well, so give me a bit more time on that.

One key thing to remember is that the OSC TCP version should be 1.1 (SLIP) for my code to work.

Children
Related